I had one of those nights this past week when I asked myself: What do I want to make for dinner? See this is unusual for me because I am a PLANNER.
I plan everything, especially dinners. Because if I didn’t, by the time dinner rolled around everyone would get a bowl of cheerios because I am so tired and beat up from my day with the kids that I could never use any brain power to come up with dinner.
However on this day, the kids took good naps so I was able to come up with something on the fly that was delicious and healthy.
I had a bunch of stuff leftover in the fridge: Costco Rotisserie Chicken, corn on the cob, leeks from our garden, a 1/2 avocado turning brown, some tomatoes, and a bag of baby spinach that really needed to be used. Seriously, I made the best dinner out of all of it! I am calling it my Summer Quinoa Chicken Salad with Roasted Corn, Tomatoes & Leeks.
Have you tried Quinoa? It is yummy, healthy, and a great alternative to rice. I usually buy it at Amazon. This “on the fly/use stuff out of our fridge” dinner will definitely be a repeat in this house. I am so glad I wrote down what I threw together and took a picture!
- Pre-Washed, Gluten Free. Organic, 100% Whole Grain
- From farms that use best practices and time-bonored tradition.
- Premium Quality Quinoa
- Certified Organic
- Certified Gluten Free
- Product of Peru - Packed in the USA
- Pre-washed, no need to rinse.
- Contains essential amino acids in the right proportions to help support human nutritional needs.
- Building blocks of nutrition - Organic Quinoa contains all 9 essential amino acids that your body needs every day. These amino acids provide your body with the building blocks of nutrition.
- Protein power - Contrary to rice, BetterBody Foods Organic Quinoa provides 3g of fiber and 6g of protein per serving, helping to satisfy hunger and curb food cravings all day long!
- Complete plant protein - Organic Quinoa is one of only a few complete plant-based proteins. This makes it great for vegetarians who are trying to incorporate more protein in their meals.
- Usage tips - BetterBody Foods Organic Quinoa can replace rice at a 1:1 ratio, and can be cooked in rice cookers! Use it in any recipe that calls for rice for a nutritious and naturally nutty flavor.
- Certified delicious - BetterBody Foods Organic Quinoa is Gluten Free, Non-GMO, Kosher, and USDA Organic certified, so you don't have to worry when you add it to your recipes.
- Exceptional source of protein; Contains all eight amino acids; Good source of dietary fiber; Contains vitamin B and iron
- Quinoa has on average 13 percent protein compared to rice at 9 percent; Excellent source of fiber, containing both soluble and non-soluble fiber
- Promotes a healthy heart, helps maintain healthy cholesterol, lowers risk of chronic disease
- Sourced in the Andean region of South America; Packed in the U.S.A
- Resealable stay fresh bag
- Certified Organic and Easy to Prepare! Quinoa is a fiber-rich grain crop that is grown for its edible seeds. This protein-packed grain is as versatile as rice and tastes delicious on its own or in a variety of cooking recipes. Simply rinse, boil in water, and indulge!
- Endless Cooking Possibilities! Quinoa can be eaten on its own as a side dish, with a drizzle of olive oil, and other seasonings. Paired with stir-fries, beans or curries, quinoa is a healthy substitute for rice, couscous and pasta.
- Nutrients You Want! Our white quinoa is naturally gluten-free and it is loaded with rich nutrients, such as iron, B-vitamins, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, calcium, vitamin E and fiber. It is also a perfect plant based source of protein as it contains all nine essential amino acids!
- Right from the source: Our Quinoa is hand harvested from small sustainable farmers to provide a truly exquisite grain to your front door
- Customer Satisfaction Promise: Get a full refund or replacement within 30 days if you are not completely satisfied