I had one of those nights this past week when I asked myself: What do I want to make for dinner? See this is unusual for me because I am a PLANNER.
I plan everything, especially dinners. Because if I didn’t, by the time dinner rolled around everyone would get a bowl of cheerios because I am so tired and beat up from my day with the kids that I could never use any brain power to come up with dinner.
However on this day, the kids took good naps so I was able to come up with something on the fly that was delicious and healthy.
I had a bunch of stuff leftover in the fridge: Costco Rotisserie Chicken, corn on the cob, leeks from our garden, a 1/2 avocado turning brown, some tomatoes, and a bag of baby spinach that really needed to be used. Seriously, I made the best dinner out of all of it! I am calling it my Summer Quinoa Chicken Salad with Roasted Corn, Tomatoes & Leeks.
Have you tried Quinoa? It is yummy, healthy, and a great alternative to rice. I usually buy it at Amazon. This “on the fly/use stuff out of our fridge” dinner will definitely be a repeat in this house. I am so glad I wrote down what I threw together and took a picture!
- Pre-Washed, Gluten Free. Organic, 100% Whole Grain
- From farms that use best practices and time-bonored tradition.
- Premium Quality Quinoa
- Certified Organic
- Certified Gluten Free
- Product of Peru - Packed in the USA
- Pre-washed, no need to rinse.
- Contains essential amino acids in the right proportions to help support human nutritional needs.
- Exceptional source of protein; Contains all eight amino acids; Good source of dietary fiber; Contains vitamin B and iron
- Quinoa has on average 13 percent protein compared to rice at 9 percent; Excellent source of fiber, containing both soluble and non-soluble fiber
- Promotes a healthy heart, helps maintain healthy cholesterol, lowers risk of chronic disease
- Sourced in the Andean region of South America; Packed in the U.S.A
- Resealable stay fresh bag
- Building blocks of nutrition - Organic Quinoa contains all 9 essential amino acids that your body needs every day. These amino acids provide your body with the building blocks of nutrition.
- Protein power - Contrary to rice, BetterBody Foods Organic Quinoa provides 3g of fiber and 6g of protein per serving, helping to satisfy hunger and curb food cravings all day long!
- Complete plant protein - Organic Quinoa is one of only a few complete plant-based proteins. This makes it great for vegetarians who are trying to incorporate more protein in their meals.
- Usage tips - BetterBody Foods Organic Quinoa can replace rice at a 1:1 ratio, and can be cooked in rice cookers! Use it in any recipe that calls for rice for a nutritious and naturally nutty flavor.
- Certified delicious - BetterBody Foods Organic Quinoa is Gluten Free, Non-GMO, Kosher, and USDA Organic certified, so you don't have to worry when you add it to your recipes.
- LARGER AND SOFTER GRAINS WITH NUTTIER FLAVOR - Unlike Chilean or Peruvian quinoa, our grains are harvested from the Bolivian Altiplano, where royal quinoa grows in harsh growing conditions, ideal for optimal flavor and texture. The end result? Noticeably larger, rounder and heartier grains that lend a delicate softness and incredible mouthfeel once prepared.
- SATISFY HUNGER TO FEEL FULLER LONGER - Contrary to rice and millet, our quinoa provides a hefty amount of fiber (3g) and protein (6g) per individual serving, helping to satisfy hunger and curb food cravings all day long!
- BUILDING BLOCK FOR PROTEIN SYNTHESIS - As a complete vegetarian protein, our quinoa provides a complete range of essential and non-essential amino acids, helping to maintain lean muscle mass and support enzyme production for everyday health.
- ENRICH MODERN DAY RECIPES - Our quinoa replaces rice at equal ratios and is even suitable for rice cookers! Add a unique twist to stir-fry, sushi and Mexican rice recipes for added nutrition and a naturally nutty flavor in every spoonful. Certified organic and non-GMO, our quinoa is sustainably sourced in accordance with fair trade practices.
- DE-SAPONIZED FOR ENHANCED FLAVOR - Free of pesticides and harsh chemical processing, our quinoa is mechanically de-saponized and triple washed to remove quinoa's bitter exterior. Our customers rave about our quinoa! "This package was easy to prepare. I just gave it a quick rinse and popped it into my rice cooker. It came out great and I couldn't taste any bitterness." Great for pilaf!